- The volume of the consignment
- Access for vehicles and parking restrictions
- Your timetable including moving out dates and your required delivery date
- Your travel arrangements (so we know how to keep in touch)
- Contact addresses and telephone numbers before and after you leave
- The access at destination (if known)
- Any special requirements you may have
With this information we can start to plan your move for you. This planning will include factors such as: the most appropriate packing; choosing the best methods of transportation for you (land, sea, air or a combination); deciding on timings; picking the best route; and establishing whether you will need storage and, if so, whether it should be at origin or at destination.
During the survey we will also discuss any other matters relevant to your move. These may include: work and residency permits; customs documentation; marine insurance; relocation allowances; etc. In preparation for the survey please make sure that you know what you want to take with you and what is to stay. If you need any guidance on specific items, the surveyor will be able to help. Please be sure to show him or her everything in the house (including every cupboard and drawer) so that he or she can produce an accurate assessment. The whole survey should take between 1 and 2 hours depending on the size of the consignment and how many questions you have. Please leave enough time.